Premarital Counseling Eases Wedding Stress
The wedding itself can trigger a lot of stress. This, in turn, can place strains on the relationship. Learning to work through that stress together in premarital counseling can help you create a blueprint for handling other relationship stressors in the future.
Some of the things couples find stressful as they are about to get married include:
- The logistics of planning all of the details of the wedding
- Financial concerns and differences
- Input from a variety of family members and friends
- Disagreements about what exactly goes into the vows
- Concerns about post-wedding living situations including blended family issues
Maybe you agree on the size of the wedding but not the location. Perhaps some of your family members think you shouldn’t have a big wedding because it’s your second or third marriage. Whatever the stressors, they impact you individually and as a couple. Premarital counseling can help you make the decisions that are right for your wedding while also setting the stage for a fulfilling marriage down the road.