What is a Marriage Tune-Up?
Many couples think that they only need to go to counseling when things are in a state of crisis. However, that’s not true at all. In fact, couples who tend to their relationship throughout the year are more likely to avoid crisis all together. The marriage tune-up is one specific way that couples can tend to their relationship.
A marriage tune-up is a check in, which may include a series of exercises, that allows you to:
- Air out any grievances before they become big problems
- Deepen the connection in your relationship
- Improve communication
- Plan ahead for any upcoming challenges or stressors
- Renew your commitment to one another
- Review and set goals and dreams together
A marriage tune-up is a way of checking in with yourself, your partner, and the state of the marriage. It helps keep you focused on working together to achieve your shared dreams. It keeps your love alive.